How to save your form
You can save your application at any time by using the 'Save my progress and resume later’ option that appears in the top right or bottom right of the screen. You can save and come back to your form as many times as you need to before you submit it
- Tick the ‘Save my progress and resume later’ box at the top of the page.
- Fill in your email address and a password.
- Click ‘Save’.
- A new page will appear giving you the option to ‘Resume this form now’ or ‘Start a new form’.
- You can bookmark the page and go back to it later.
- We’ll also send you a Form Notification email with a link so you can go back to it later.
Carry on filling in a form you’ve already saved
- If you’ve bookmarked the link to resume your form, open that webpage and click on the link at the top of the page that says ‘Resume a previously saved form’.
- Or open the Form Notification email you were sent and click on the link.
- Enter your email address and password.
- This will return you to your form so you can carry on filling it in.
As part of the application evidence will be requested at key points in the form. Depending on how you answer the questions, you will be asked to upload the following:
- Photo ID - this will need to be an an image/scan of your passport or driver's license
- Acceptance letter from your university - this needs to state your course and the tuition fee amount due. If a returning student this should be evidence confirming that you are enrolled for the coming/current academic session.
- Proof of applicant eligibility - If applying on the basis of secondary education, please upload a copy of ONE of the following; your Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA) transcript, secondary school attendance record, school qualification certificates or letter from your school or college confirming the dates of your attendance. If you are applying on the basis of a substantial connection to Scotland, please contact the Trust to discuss before proceeding with your application.
- SAAS Award Notice letter or email if you are eligible for a student loan - confirming the loan amount awarded to you by SAAS for your maintenance costs.
- If you are not eligible for a SAAS/Student Loans Company maintenance loan, you will need to provide a copy of the most recent P60 (or equivalent document for the tax year that has just ended) or last three pay slips for:
If you are applying due to needing to repeat the previous year you will also need to provide a copy of your results for the failed year - this may be a transcript or an image/screenshot of your student profile listing your grades.
- Yourself and your partner/spouse (if applicable) if you are over 25
- Yourself and your parents or guardian if you are 25 and under
Supporting evidence documents can be uploaded as jpeg, tif, pdf, doc or docx files. If you don’t have a scanner, you can take photos on your mobile phone instead but please ensure the document can easily be read! The maximum file size for each document is 5MB.
At the end of the form, you will be asked to provide the name and email address of a referee who is willing to provide a reference on your behalf. The Trust will contact your referee directly once you have submitted this online form. The referee cannot be a family member, friend or fellow student and should preferably be someone who is familiar with your academic abilities and/or aspirations.
This online form must be submitted by the closing date of 1st December 2022 5pm. After it is submitted you will receive an email acknowledgement. Please note that once submitted, a form can no longer be edited or changed.
The Trust cannot process applications that have been saved but never submitted. If you experience any technical difficulties during the online application process, contact the Trust by email: email@example.com.