What is the GatherNoVA Open Doors Fellowship?
GatherNoVA's Open Doors Fellowship is an immersive 6-month long experience that brings together and trains Jewish young adults who live in Northern Virginia to become leaders, conveners, and facilitators of NoVA Jewish life. As a cohort, NoVA Open Doors Fellows will become exceptional relationship builders and work to create a more welcoming, inclusive, and interconnected Jewish community.
When is it?
The NoVA Open Doors Fellowship will run from August 24, 2022 to January 11, 2023, with the following meeting schedule.* The deadline to apply is Friday, June 10th.
- Session 1: Wednesday, August 24, 6:30-8:30pm
- Session 2: Wednesday, September 7, 6:30-8:30pm
- Session 3: Wednesday, September 21, 6:30-8:30pm
- Session 4: Wednesday, October 12, 6:30-8:30pm
- Weekend retreat: October 22-23
- Session 5: Wednesday, October 26, 6:30-8:30pm
- Session 6: Wednesday, November 9, 6:30-8:30pm
- Session 7: Tuesday, November 22, 6:30-8:30pm
- Session 8: Wednesday, December 7, 6:30-8:30pm
- Session 9: Wednesday, December 21, 6:30-8:30pm
- Session 10 (Final Session): Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 6:30-8:30pm
- Group Shabbat Dinner TBD
*Fellowship gatherings will be held in-person at a TBD location in Northern Virginia.
What do fellows do?
As an Open Doors Fellow, you will:
- Be part of an exceptional cohort of other Jewish 20s and 30s looking to strengthen Jewish community in NoVA.
- Learn together at bi-monthly gatherings where you will hone your leadership, facilitation, and relationship-based engagement skills.
- Dive into building relationships with Jewish young adults in NoVA and develop confidence as a community leader.
- Learn more about your neighborhood and gain a greater understanding of NoVA Jewish life.
- Form lasting connections and friendship with other 20s and 30s across Jewish NoVA.
Who should apply?
If you are a 20- or 30-something living in NoVA who is passionate about creating Jewish community, curious to learn more about your neighborhood and NoVA Jewish life, interested in honing your leadership skills, invested in building connections with other Jewish young adults, and have the time and enthusiasm to spare -- then this experience is perfect for you!
If you're thinking about applying but are unsure because you've never attended a Jewish event, service, or experience across the DMV - please still apply! This experience is for people with varying levels of involvement in the Jewish community, those of all backgrounds, and folks with diverse levels of Jewish knowledge.
What does it cost?
The Open Doors Fellowship is offered free of cost to all participants.
How do I apply?
Apply using the form below now through Friday, June 10. This form is broken down into two sections that may take up to ~30 minutes to complete:
- Page 1 - contact info and accessibility
- Page 2 - short answer questions
After you submit your application, Gather's NoVA Community Manager will contact you for a brief phone interview. Acceptances will be sent out the week of June 24.
Questions? Contact Gather's NoVA Community Manager Sarah Fredrick at email@example.com.
GatherDC welcomes the participation of people of all abilities and backgrounds, levels of religiosity, gender identities, and sexual orientations. GatherDC fosters inclusive community and strives to accommodate all needs whenever possible. If you require special accommodations or have questions, please contact us at (202) 656-0743 or firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will make every effort to meet your needs.