Art 4 Life Summer; where art meets technology & community!
Arts Corps is pleased to offer youth in 9th-12th grades two paid arts internship opportunities, one virtual/hybrid and one in person from July 18th-30th. Earn $550 for the engaging work of expressing your passion either through digital art or mural painting.
ART 4 LIFE DIGITAL: ART ON WEB 3 VIRTUAL (with one in person event)
The Art 4 life: Digital curriculum offers skill building in the craft of digital art and mixed media. Express your ideas utilizing Procreate on program provided iPads. Youth will learn skills in:
digital art: advanced track
NFTs; web 3, the metaverse and the blockchain
career paths in creative and technology spaces
$550 stipend upon completion of internship
ART 4 LIFE ANALOG: SUSTAINING EXPRESSION IN PERSON
The Art 4 life: Analog curriculum offers skill building in the craft of public art and mixed media. Design & paint a mural for a downtown Seattle garden. Youth will learn skills in:
We are committed to creating an intersectional learning environment to ensure that all students are supported and able to be brave in the Art 4 Life community space.
WHO SHOULD APPLY:High school youth interested in visual art.
Digital: some one who wants to express themselves, their ideas, and beliefs and be willing to collaborate with others to develop a themed collection of NFT's.
Analog: someone who is interested in sustainability, the environment, urban farming and is willing to collaborate with others to develop a themed mural at an urban farm in person in Seattle.
WHAT YOU’LL GAIN:
- Art Intensive with dope master teaching artists (learn more about Arts Corps TA's here: https://artscorps.org/ta/)
- $550 stipend upon completion of the program
- a community of peer collaborators
- professional development
- leadership and exposure to industry professionals
- community of artists
*All technology supplies and gear will be provided to youth. If you do not have reliable internet access we can also work with you to find a way to get access.
Application process schedule
- Applications due: Monday, May 29th 7 PM
- We will notify you Friday June 3rd if you are invited to interviews
- Interviews will take place the week of June 16th-18th.
- Acceptance will be confirmed on June 24th