I understand and agree to comply with all the following requirements for my child’s participation in the In-Person Summer Arts and Learning Academy
COVID-19 Guidelines and Expectations Signs and Symptoms of COVID-19:
- My child will follow the Code of Student Conduct, as well as all rules for wearing a mask and social distancing, set forth in the City Schools Health and Safety Guide, which is grounded in science-based, expert guidance and real time experience from in-person operations in City Schools and across the United States and in other countries (https://www.baltimorecityschools.org/safety-procedures)
- I will not send my child to the Goodnow Summer Program if they have symptoms of a COVID-19 like illness, have been diagnosed with COVID-19, are waiting for test results, or have been in close contact (within 6 feet for at least 15 minutes total over a 24 hour period) with anyone diagnosed with COVID-19 or suspected of having COVID-19 in the past 14 days. I also agree to report to City Schools that my child has a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19.
New onset cough, shortness of breath OR At least 2 of the following:
Students must be free of fever without the use of fever reducing medications for the period of time directed by the Maryland Department of Health’s current guidelines. Please consult your health care provider or the Maryland Health Department (Dial 211) with specific questions about COVID-19.
- Fever of 100.4 or higher
- muscle pain
- sore throat
- loss of sense of taste or smell
- gastrointestinal symptoms (nausea, vomiting or diarrhea)
- I will review symptoms with my child and monitor my child’s symptoms every day that my child attends the Goodnow Summer Program
- If my child becomes ill during the Goodnow Summer Program, I will ensure they are picked up from school promptly and will follow-up with an authorized health care provider/health department and comply with recommended quarantine or isolation as directed. If my child is ill, I understand that a release to return to in-person activity from an authorized health care provider will be required.
- I will ensure that a parent or guardian remains with my child until they complete their health screening. If my child does not pass the health screening, a parent or guardian will be there to take my child home.
If City Schools is able to provide rapid COVID-19 testing to participants in the Goodnow Summer Program, I consent to my child’s testing onsite by health professionals working in collaboration with City Schools and that tests results will be shared with the parent/guardian, City Schools, and the Baltimore City Health Department.
I understand that failure to comply with the above rules may require City Schools to take steps necessary to protect the health and safety of my child, as well as other students and staff.
I have reviewed information regarding COVID-19, including but not limited to these documents:
Based on my review of this information, I am aware that there is a risk of being exposed to COVID-19 by participating in the Goodnow Summer Program. I am also aware that exposure can occur either directly or indirectly, whether or not a mask is worn, and notwithstanding reasonable efforts by A4L, the host site and/or Baltimore City Public Schools to mitigate exposure.
I have considered my child’s and family’s personal health risk in the decision to attend the Goodnow Summer Program. I have independently evaluated and reviewed the risk of being exposed to or infected by COVID-19, and I have determined to allow my child to participate in the Goodnow Summer Program with full knowledge, acceptance, and assumption of all the above risks.