Please answer the following essay questions in approximately 200 to 250 words each, and upload together with your application materials in a single doc, docx or pdf file:
How to merge your materials in a single pdf file:
For Windows: Visit the Adobe website and use their merger tool directly on your browser. OR use a reliable third-party merger application such as: PDF Merger & Splitter to merge your document.
For Mac: (1) Open a PDF in Preview. (2) Choose View > Thumbnails to show page thumbnails in the sidebar. (3) To indicate where to insert the other document, select a page thumbnail. (4) Choose Edit > Insert > Page from File. (5) From the file dialog, select the PDF that you want to add, then click Open. (6) To save, choose File > Export as PDF. For more information, read here.
You can also use your computer’s “screenshot” or “screen capture” function, then upload the image saved into a word or google document. You can then save the document “File>Save as a PDF”.
1. Why do you want to be a member of Truman National Security Project? Why now?
2. How do you define service? Describe a time that you have served that has been especially meaningful to you and why.
3. Of all the security challenges confronting us today, what motivates you the most? What have you done about it? What do you intend to do in the next two to three years?
4. Pretend you are pitching an op-ed to a major newspaper on the topic of your response to Question 3. How do you convince the editor of the newspaper that your argument is relevant to the reader audience?
5. Please describe what activities you might pitch to your local Chapter as to how you can impact change at a local level.
6. Under what circumstances should the US be willing to sacrifice human rights in the name of security?