Cycling Scotland’s Residential Cycle Storage and Parking Fund
provides funding to Local Authorities for residential cycle storage facilities.
Guidance for applicants is provided in
the application form. We recommend contacting a member of Cycling Scotland
staff to discuss your bid and access available support and guidance. You can
contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
The next assessment panel for applications will be held in October. To be considered for review, please submit an application by 12pm Monday 9th October.
Before You Start
To complete the application, you will need the following information:
- Contact, organisation and project site details
- Background on any cycling and active travel projects you delivered, as well as any relevant figures about current cycling rates you may have
- Information on the project you are applying for, including any consultation that has taken place, what barriers will be addressed, and who you will work with to deliver the project
- The item or activities and the associated costs you are applying for - quotes are helpful but not essential to apply
- An idea of your organisation's contribution to the project, which may be staff time, match funding or equivalent contribution
This application form gathers the information needed to assess your project. Once submitted, a member of Cycling Scotland staff will review your application. The review may include discussion at an expert panel, and come to a decision on funding. A staff member may contact you during this process to gather further information if required.
Cycling Scotland advise that cycle
storage facilities should be:
and straightforward for the intended user to access, either via a key, code or
close to the intended users and if possible associated to specific residences
allowing them to have a sense of ownership over the facilities and that they
are convenient to use
in an area that is well lit and feels safe for residents to use all year round
- the amount of passive surveillance from surrounding properties should be
taken into account.
proof to a high standard, robust and long lasting and ideally require little
- In keeping with Cycling by Design guidance for
permanent cycling infrastructure design on all roads, streets and paths in
Scotland. Sept 2021 update: Cycling by Design Update 2021 (transport.gov.scot)
Cycle parking Guidance note providing support
for preparing specification briefs for suppliers is available 2022-08-Guidance-for-Cycle-Parking-update.pdf (cycling.scot).