The first round of auditions is a video submission.
- LIVE performance of a 3 minute MAX song.
- Live means not a music video or lip-synched video.
- Performance must be no older than 3 months. Living room, phone videos and casual performance videos are great! Studio performances work as well, but are not required.
- For vocalists: either tracked or live accompaniment is fine. If using a track, please remove the recorded vocals if possible.
- If someone is playing with you, please note which person is auditioning.
- Please introduce yourself at the top of the video: name, age, name of song, and if it’s an original or cover.
- Please check viewing permissions on your video. We suggest trying the link on different browsers or having a friend check.
- Original songs are encouraged but not required.
Provide your video audition via Google Drive or unlisted YouTube link on the next page of the submission form.
- Callback Auditions are by invite only on Wednesday, January 18, 2023 in downtown Seattle. A time will be assigned to you. Please hold this date.
- If you are selected for a callback audition, it will take place in person with strict health and safety guidelines, following all local and state guidance around COVID-19 precautions and restrictions if needed at that time.
Certain rehearsals are mandatory for every individual who is invited to be a part of the program.
(Subject to change)
- February 8, 2023 - Photoshoots (Downtown: 30 min slots within the 3:45-9pm block)
- February 13, 2023- Orientation (Downtown)
- February 18, 2023 - Rehearsal (Queen Anne)
- February 19, 2023 - Rehearsal (Queen Anne)
- March 5, 2023 - Rehearsal (Queen Anne)
- March 12, 2023 - Rehearsal (Queen Anne)
Technical rehearsals and filming will take place:
- Sunday, March 19, 2023 Noon-6pm
- Monday, March 20- Thursday, March 23, 2023 4-9pm
All in downtown Seattle
- The performance will be March 24, 2023 at The Moore Theatre.
Outside group Rehearsal
- Some rehearsal outside of the full group rehearsals will be needed. This will be up to participants to schedule on their own.
**STG will adhere to all COVID-19 protection guidance outlined by the State and security will be present for all in-person events.
If you are unavailable for any of the dates above, please notify us at the time of audition.
Missing any rehearsal is reason for removal from the program.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR AT THE AUDITION:
- ALL genres, cultures, and styles of music are encouraged.
- This program is about performing and collaborating with a wide variety of styles and artists. The goal is to have a mix of world, cultural, popular, and more types of music.
- Original works are encouraged, but not required.
- A high level of musicianship, willingness to collaborate, technical ability, and creativity are key.
- Some performance experience (school, community or professional) is highly recommended.
If you would like to see a list of Frequently Asked Questions, please click here.
If you have not attended More Music @ The Moore, we encourage you to watch videos from past shows. More info and clips can be found here
Go on to the next page to complete your Audition Registration!