Thank you for applying to the Cause Effective Next Generation: Fundraising Activation for Rising Leaders of Color program. We are thrilled to be launching our 4th cohort of this program under our groundbreaking initiative, Preparing the Next Generation, with the support of our funders.
The Preparing the Next Generation initiative arose from Cause Effective’s “Money, Power and Race: The Lived Experience of Fundraisers of Color” report (2018), which reflects participants’ experience that while diversity matters in the nonprofit sector, people of color need to be skilled not only with fundraising acumen, but also have the awareness and tools to navigate the intersectional dynamics of power, race and class that are endemic to fundraising encounters. The program is designed for senior nonprofit managers who come from backgrounds in program, advocacy or finance/operations but don't have knowledge of development work and fundraising experience. Candidates for this program are those who self-identify as a person of color across various spectrums of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual identity, ability, and socio-economic class and are looking to build their capacity as nonprofit professionals and develop their leadership within the organizations they serve.
Scholarships are available to grantees of select funder groups, including Robin Hood Foundation, The New York Community Trust and Altman Foundation. In addition, subsidies are available for organizations that have with budgets under $5 million.
This program has a $4,500 value but cost is but attendance can be subsidized dependent on the organization’s budget. For organizations above five million the cost for the program is $3,000; for organizational budgets between two and five million the cost is $1000; and if the organization’s budget is below two million there is no fee for the program.
Before beginning your application, please review the following regarding your candidacy:
1. This program requires full commitment from participants and a statement of support from their Executive Directors. You can download a copy of the required statement of support here.
2. Programming will occur during the following dates and times. We highly encourage applicants to schedule these dates into their calendar in the event they are accepted into the program:
• September, 28 2022 from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
• October 26, 2022 from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
• November 30, 2022 from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
3. All programming, unless otherwise noted, will take place virtually through Zoom, and a recurring link will be provided to you prior to each session.
4. Completed applications will be now be due on September 12th and applicants will be notified of their acceptance by September 19th.
Thank you again for your interest in the Cause Effective Next Generation: Fundraising Activation for Rising Leaders of Color program and we look forward to receiving your application.
Judy Levine, Executive Director