Thank you for your interest in Volunteering at Cannexus!
CERIC is recruiting 25-30 energetic, enthusiastic and committed volunteers from the Ottawa area to assist with the on-site execution of the in-person Cannexus conference from January 23-25, 2023 at the Shaw Centre in Ottawa. You can volunteer from a minimum of 1 day to the full 3 days and attend sessions when not volunteering. Why Volunteer?
Who Should Volunteer?
- Gain valuable volunteer experience. Whether you are interested in event planning or career development, volunteering at Cannexus will give you ample volunteer experience
- Connect with over 600 professionals from the career development, education, community, government and the private sector
- Expand your knowledge of career development and best practices from across Canada
- Network and attend sessions when not volunteering
- Students who require volunteer service hours
- Event management students seeking hands-on event experience
- Newcomers seeking Canadian volunteer experience
- Career development professionals who want to give back to their community
- Anyone exploring career development as a career path
- It is preferable that volunteers are from the Ottawa area. If you are not from the Ottawa area, CERIC cannot assist with funds related to travel, accommodations or out-of-pocket expenses.
- Volunteers must be available for at least 7 hours over the 3 days. This could mean one full 7-hour shift, or two 3.5 hour shifts. Volunteers will be asked to attend a volunteer orientation on Sunday, January 22, 2023 at the Shaw Centre. This is not a mandatory session but will be extremely helpful to you in fulfilling your volunteer role. Bilingualism (English/French) is an asset.