Latino Student Leadership Conference
June 11 - June 16, 2023
If you are an eighth- or ninth-grade Latino student, here’s your chance to become part of a very special leadership program.
We’ll be selecting 120 students to attend a summer conference from June 11 to June 16, 2023.
You’ll learn skills that will help you become an effective leader in your school, and eventually in your community, in business and in government.
You’ll learn to be proud of your heritage, develop and use your leadership skills, and be empowered to seek opportunities for educational and professional growth.
Your meals, lodging, and transportation will be paid by generous contributions from private industry, civic organizations, and individuals. If you are accepted, you will be asked to pay a $40 fee* to cover insurance, a group picture, a T-shirt, and educational materials.
*$40 fee may be paid by the student's school district in some cases, to be determined in May, 2023.
To be considered for this unique experience, you must:
1. Be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 (no exceptions).
2. Be in eighth or ninth grade this year.
3. Have demonstrated academic and leadership potential.
4. Have a 2.5 GPA or higher on your current transcript
5. Complete and submit the IEFLP application online no later than March 15, 2023 by 11:59 pm. Students will be notified the first week of May, 2023, if accepted.
If you need any additional information, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We also encourage you to connect with us on social media to learn more about important events.
Dr. R.C. Heredia