Fund Application and Criteria
The F4FP grant applications will be open until 11:59pm PST on January 15, 2023. In order to be eligible for funding, applicant organizations must:
- Have majority Black, Indigenous, or People of Color leadership among staff and board
- Must be grassroots based and serving Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC) communities as priority
- Be a 501c3 non-profit OR can be fiscally sponsored by a 501c3 non-profit
- Demonstrate community work and partnerships through their history of work
- Have an annual budget of no more than $1.5 million (please note if you have special considerations to share about your budget you can address that under the Organization Budget section)
Organizations may submit a collaborative proposal with a partner organization. We highly encourage the following types of organizations to apply:
- those without 501c3 (using a fiscal sponsor);
- small organizations with 5 employees and below; and
- those with budgets of $500K and below.
Applications will be open for any eligible organization to apply using the following budget tiers for the amount of funding that would be awarded:
- Tier 1: Organizational budget of $0-500K per year is eligible to apply for grants of up to 50% of current annual budget (grant awards up to $250K).
- Tier 2: Organizational budget of $501-999K per year is eligible to apply for grants of up to 25% of current annual budget (grant awards between $125-250K).
- Tier 3: Organizational budget of $1m-1.5m per year is eligible to apply for grants of up to $100K.
For organizations using a fiscal sponsor to apply, the budget guidelines apply to the applicant organization, not the fiscal sponsor.
For collaborative proposals, the budget guidelines will apply to the cumulative budget of the organizations applying together. Simply add up the budgets of each organization participating in the collaborative proposal.
While we don’t have the capacity to outreach or screen an international pool of applicants we wanted to make funds available for trusted partners working on climate issues beyond the US. We have opened this funding to Climate Justice Alliance members working in the Global South so they can apply directly for their international projects.
Please contact us at email@example.com with any questions. Please do not submit your applications to this email address. All applications must be submitted through this form in order to be considered.
F4FP is offering application submissions in either written or video format. For written applications please respond to the questions below using the guidelines provided. For video or audio applications please answer all questions below and use the link provided in the “Program Questions” section of this form to upload your submission for those questions. Videos / audio should be a maximum of 7 minutes in length.