PCA Tuition Reimbursement Policy:
In order to be a PCA eligible for tuition reimbursement, you must be actively working with a consumer-employer in Connecticut at the time of application.
In order for a course to be eligible for reimbursement, it must align with the CMS Core Competencies https://www.medicaid.gov/sites/default/files/2019-12/dsw-core-competencies-final-set-2014.pdf
Applications must be received by the determined deadline, or they will not be reviewed and will be marked ineligible.
FALL 2023 Semester Applications Open from October 30, 2023 through December 31, 2023
Additionally, all supporting documentation (tuition invoices, transcripts, or other applicable documents) must be submitted to the Fund office to be considered for reimbursement. (Upon application, we will notify you how to get these documents to us.) These also must be received by the determined deadline, or your application will be denied.
Tuition Reimbursement FAQs:
- After submitting your application, you will receive an email confirmation. (If you apply outside of the open enrollment timeframe, you will receive an email notifying you of your rejected application.)
- If you receive the aforementioned email this means that we received your application. At the time of your application, we will not be able to confirm if you will be awarded the reimbursement. We need to review your application and supporting documents before making any determination.
- Please note that reimbursement checks will be mailed to your address on file; these payments do not go directly to your educational institution.
- We do not reimburse you for courses that are "incomplete," that had a grade lower than a C, and/or that have not been taken yet.
- We require you to submit supporting documentation to us (your grades and your tuition expenses) before we can determine if you will receive the reimbursement. We will require these within a determined deadline, and you will receive several email reminders to upload these documents. *The emails will include a link to upload your forms.*
- At the time of your application, you need to be an actively working PCA.
- We are not considering applications that ask for reimbursement for past tuition costs, i.e. before Fall 2023 semesters.
- Lastly, your field of study must be health care related and related to the CMS Core Competencies (https://www.medicaid.gov/sites/default/files/2019-12/dsw-core-competencies-final-set-2014.pdf) in order to be eligible.