The Junior Entrepreneur award recognizes students who have demonstrated outstanding business acumen, growth, leadership and entrepreneurial spirit while participating in JA Company Program. This award is open to those who held executive positions in their student company during the 2022-23 school year.
Four executives will be awarded $2500 each to further their post-secondary education. Student executives must be nominated by their JA Company Program mentor(s) or host teacher.
Award winners will participate in a live interview about their experience at the annual Business Laureates of British Columbia Hall of Fame Gala Dinner and Induction Ceremonies on May 30, 2023.
Eligibility & Requirements
To be eligible for this award, the students must have:
- Participated in JA Company Program during the 2021-2022 school year.
- Held one of the following executive positions:
- VP Finance
- VP Marketing
- VP Sales
- VP Production
- VP Human Resources
- VP Information Technology
- VP Health, Safety and Environment
- VP Corporate Social Responsibility
- Reside in B.C.
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
Nomination form – to be completed by the student company’s mentor(s) or host teacher(s) If selected, winners will be expected to commit to the following activities:
- Make a brief presentation (one minute) about their JA experience during the 2023 Business Laureates of B.C. Hall of Fame Gala Dinner & Induction Ceremonies.
- Provide a headshot and brief biography (100 words max.) outlining your educational background and involvement with JA
Notification and Recognition
Winners will receive a certificate and a bursary cheque in the amount of $2,500 to further their post-secondary education.
JA British Columbia is an inclusive organization and we welcome submissions from all qualified applicants. JABC will not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed (religion), sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, or any other grounds prohibited by the B.C. Human Rights Code.