Thank you for applying to the Cause Effective Fellows Program: Advancing Leaders of Color in Fundraising. We are thrilled to be launching our 4th year of this program under our groundbreaking initiative, Preparing the Next Generation, with the support of J.P. Morgan Chase & Co., Altman Foundation, and Kramer Levin, among others.
The Cause Effective Fellows Program arose from Cause Effective’s “Money, Power and Race: The Lived Experience of Fundraisers of Color” report (2018), which reflects participants’ experience that while diversity matters in the nonprofit sector, people of color need to be skilled not only with fundraising acumen, but also have the awareness and tools to navigate the intersectional dynamics of power, race and class that are endemic to fundraising encounters. The program is designed for mid-career Development Directors who self-identify as a person of color across various spectrums of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual identity, ability, and socio-economic class, to build their capacity as fundraising professionals and develop their leadership within the organizations they serve.
This program has a $10,000 value but is provided at a lower cost of $5,000 to participants. Scholarships are available to grantees of select funder groups, including The New York Community trust and Altman Foundation. In addition, subsidies are available for organizations based on a sliding scale aligned to organizational budget.
Before beginning your application, please review the following regarding your candidacy:
1. This program requires full commitment from participants and a statement of support from their Executive Directors. You can download a copy of the required statement of support here.
2. Programming will occur during the following dates and times. We highly encourage applicants to schedule these dates into their calendar in the event they are accepted into the program:
• February 8, 2023 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• March 15, 2023 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• April 5, 2023 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• May 17, 2023 from 12 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.
• June 14, 2023 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• June 28, 2023* from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
*Please note that the session on June 28th is intended for Directors of Development and Executive Directors.
3. All programming, unless otherwise noted, will take place virtually through Zoom, and a recurring link will be provided to you prior to each session.
4. Completed applications will be due on January 20th and applicants will be notified of their acceptance by January 30th.
Thank you again for your interest in the Cause Effective Fellows Program and we look forward to receiving your application.
Judy Levine, Executive Director