Please review the following guidelines and criteria before answering the questions below.
1. Students must have attend the State Conference in order to be considered for a Lobbyist position.
2. All Lobbyists must have at least one year of prior Legislative experience. 8th graders in Junior YG and 11th and 12th graders in YG are preferred candidates.
3. At District, Lobbyists are to write a bill and participate in the Legislative section.
4. The JuniorYG/Youth Governor will share his or her platform packet with the Lobbyists. Lobbyists need to review the included topics and do some research before coming to State.
5. All Lobbyists are encouraged to oppose the Governor's legislative agenda.
6. The Governor's Cabinet and Lobbyists are paired at State Conferences but take opposing sides.
7. If the Governor takes no position on a bill, Lobbyists can support their own agendas.
8. Lobbyists will abide by our core values of respect, responsibility, caring, and honesty.