Trinity Rep’s Education Department is hosting the 12th annual Write Here! Write Now! competition for young
playwrights. Students from all New England high schools are
invited to submit up to two original short plays (6–10 pages) by
March 15, 2023
. Entries will be reviewed by Trinity Rep staff,
and winners will be announced on April 7, 2023 and celebrated at a festival of staged readings on May 2, 2023
Winners receive a staged reading
of their play featuring professional actors, a scholarship
towards a Young Actors Studio after-school class, and 20 free tickets
to a Project Discovery student matinee for their school for the upcoming 2023-24 Season.ENTRY RULES AND GUIDELINES:
- Students must be in grades 9-12 and reside in Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Connecticut, New Hampshire, Vermont, or Maine.
- Plays can be no shorter than 6 pages and no longer
than 10 pages.
- There must be only one playwright per script.
- No more than two plays per playwright
- Scripts should have no more than 12 characters.
- Stories must be original.
- Submission deadline is March 1, 2023 by 11:59 pm.
- Plays should be submitted in 12 pt. Times New Roman font,
single or double space.
- Every page of the script must include the title of the play,
playwright’s grade and the page number.
- The playwright’s name, contact information, and school
should only be on the application and NOT appear
anywhere on the script.
- Scripts should be uploaded as an attachment on the next page. If you have trouble uploading your script(s) or would prefer to mail hard copies, email firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions.