This form is for submitting your application via audio or video file for access reasons. You can follow this link if you would prefer to fill out the online application form.
The closing date for applications for the RESIDENCE 2023 program Monday 20 February 2023, 11.59pm.
If you have any questions about RESIDENCE or the application process, please contact our Industry Development Manager, Asha Bee Abraham at firstname.lastname@example.org
. You can supply your phone number via email if you would prefer to discuss via phone.
Please upload a file responding to the following questions:
- Your full name
- Your preferred pronouns
- Your contact details including phone number and email address (please spell your email address)
- Your website address if you have one
- Your Postal address
- Are you applying as an individual or on behalf of a collective or organisation? Individual, collective or organisation
- How many people will be participating in the residency?
- Do you, your organisation or collaborators involved with this application identify as : Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander, Culturally or linguistically diverse (CALD) or a Person of colour (POC), Living with disability, LGBTQIA+ (please only share what you feel comfortable sharing)
- Have you or any of your collaborators previously been involved in Footscray Community Arts program?
- What best describes your artistic practice? Emerging, Mid-career or Established
- Please provide your bio or that of your collective / organisation.
About the residency
- What will be the primary creative discipline(s) involved in this residency? Writing, Visual arts, Music or sound arts, Film or digital media, Experimental arts, Performing arts, Creative producing, Other
- Tell us about the project(s) you will undertake during the residency.
- How will this residency support you or your organisation’s creative development?
- Why do you think a residency at Footscray Community Arts would be a good fit for you and your practice?
- Please outline the outcome you expect to present. We encourage all residents to present an outcome towards the end of their residency at Footscray Community Arts. This could take the form of showings, exhibitions, or readings; can be of works in progress or finished works; can be public or closed events. We will provide in kind use of space for outcomes, but may not be able to support any staffing, technical or Front of House costs.
- Which space(s) would you prefer your residency to take place in? Please refer to the Henderson House floorplan on the RESIDENCE page.
- Studio (8-12 months, 7 days/wk during Footscray Community Arts business hours)
- Podcast Studio (access times / duration can be negotiated)
- Other (we cannot guarantee access to other residency spaces are possible)
- What is your preferred residency length? Please see possible durations listed above according to space type.
- How many days a week can you commit to using the residency space? We want to offer spaces to artists who will take advantage of their residency.
- Would you be interested in participating in any artist talks, 'open house' events, etc for residents to share works in progress and/or your artistic process with each other and the Footscray Community Arts community?