Growlight provides students unique real-time design projects in a four-week hybrid "think-tank" environment.
- Introduction to design principles using industry-standard design software.
- Introduction to entrepreneurship, business-startup tools, and personal branding.
- Coaching and mentorship by FIU faculty and graduate students.
- Design challenges to better the condition of people with disabilities in cities.
- Virtual access to 3-D printers for design projects at the Miami Beach Urban Studios.
- Public speaking and character building sessions.
- Learning and discussion sessions with engineering, public art, and community thought leaders.
- Learn from experienced professionals through speaking engagements and field experience.
- Opportunities for certification in 3D modeling and graphics software.
- Programming will include both in-person and virtual components for a dynamic hybrid experience.
- Tuition $300 a week for the four week program. Full Scholarships available for Breakthrough scholars, Carnival scholars and Miami-Dade high school students who qualify for free/reduced lunch.
Program Dates: June 20, 2022 - July 14, 2023
Complete the application below to apply.
If you have any questions, contact us at 305.646.7210 or firstname.lastname@example.org.