Confirm Persists Participation Interest
Persists will provide alumni coaches to help students enrolling into college through their first 2 years of college. You may be eligible to receive a coaches that will work directly with you to provide academic support; reminders about registration and scholarships; and support on transitioning to college, among other types of resources.
Benefits of Participating
1. Individualized Help - If assigned a coach, your coach will meet with you periodically throughout the semester to discuss strategies for academic success and for utilizing your college’s student support services. Note: Meetings may be virtual. Coaching supports will be available for students’ first two years of college, unless otherwise noted.
2. Targeted reminders regarding scholarships, class registration, financial aid, academic goals, and adjusting to college.
Note: Targeted reminders will be available for students’ first two years of college, unless otherwise noted.
3. Updates from the Forever DCPS Alumni email outreach regarding scholarships, college reminders, and other tools for success.
4. Opportunities to connect with DCPS alumni at your college.
5. Communication regarding student support services on college campuses.
6. Financial Supports - Possible eligibility for up to $300 in microgrants per year, for your first two years of college, to help cover unexpected expenses. Note: Funds are limited and you will need to apply to access these funds.
Role of DCPS Persists Coaches and Staff Members
1. Meet with you to review and assess the type of supports available to students via the DCPS Persists program.
2. Coordinate opportunities to help you navigate academic, social, financial, and other key challenges in college; and cultivate growth and development among students for self-agency building.
3. Encourage students to take advantage of resources and opportunities that promote persistence to and through college among DCPS Persists students, including academic supports, writing centers, supplemental instruction, and affinity groups.
4. As needed, liaise with key college stakeholders and offices, such as their Office of Enrollment and Office of Student Support, Financial Aid, Advising, Housing, Bursar's Office, among others, in order to promote the retention, progression, and graduation among DCPS Persists students.
5. Send communication, both general and targeted, to DCPS Persists students regarding financial aid, registration, scholarships, adjusting to college, and opportunities to engage with other DCPS alumni, among other components.
We also need your general consent to use electronic records and signatures throughout our relationship with you. So, before you submit this application, you must review and consent to the terms outlined below.
DCPS Persists is committed to a policy of equal treatment for all individuals applying to attend a DCPS Persists program, volunteer, intern, work or otherwise conduct business with our organization. DCPS Persists does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin.
By submitting this application, I affirm that the facts set forth in it are true and complete. I understand that if I am into the program, I am granting DCPS Persists permission to contact me. If I decide to unenroll I can do so in writing by emailing my Coach. I understand that there is no cost to me to participate in this program.
Electronic Signature (typing in your name below constitutes an electronic signature):