Northeast Regional Children's Advocacy Center (NRCAC) is excited to offer the Zero Abuse Project Mentoring and Skill Development Program (MSDP) - a guideline for forensic interviewers to supplement the peer review process set forth by the National Children’s Alliance Forensic Interviewing standards. The mentoring program provides forensic interviewers additional support and a framework for overall skill development in the field. The process will provide measurable outcomes on skill development and work on individual goals set forth by the interviewer to allow for better success with growth in their role.
The mentoring program is presented as a minimum of a 5‐session process to provide forensic interviewers an opportunity to work individually with a seasoned forensic interviewer for ongoing support and guidance in their role. MSDP is open to forensic interviewers in the Northeast Region - Connecticut, Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, and Vermont. There is no registration fee.
- Must currently conduct forensic interviews
- Have an interest in learning new techniques and reviewing practice as a forensic interviewer
- Must be able to attend all five sessions, including two interview observations (1-2 hours/session)
- Be willing to do self-preparation work prior to the five mentoring sessions
- Be willing to be peer reviewed/participate in an interview observation with assigned mentor (mock or actual interview)
Application Deadline: Wednesday, February 22, 2023
*If you are accepted into the program, sessions will be scheduled with your mentor.
Questions? Contact Tony DeVincenzo at firstname.lastname@example.org