Thank you for your interest in serving as a CorpsAfrica Volunteer in Morocco.
Please read the description and questions carefully and answer fully and honestly.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Mission of CorpsAfrica
CorpsAfrica provides Africans the opportunity to serve as Volunteers for ten months in rural, underserved communities in their own countries to facilitate small-scale, high-impact projects identified by local people and funded by partners from Africa and around the world.
Basic Description of CorpsAfrica Service
CorpsAfrica Volunteers undergo one month of Pre-Service Training and then serve for ten months in a community chosen for its perceived need, existence of local partners and essential infrastructure, location, and other criteria. The Volunteer dedicates his/her time to living and working with local people to identify an area of concern for the community, co-create and design solutions to address the concern, implement the solutions with local partners, and monitor and evaluate the results. To achieve this, CorpsAfrica Volunteers receive professional training before and during their service, support from CorpsAfrica staff (both nationally and internationally), a modest living allowance, health insurance, and a readjustment allowance upon successful completion of the program. Volunteers are required to submit reports and make presentations regularly.
General Expectations of a CorpsAfrica Volunteer
- Commit to working in a highly underserved community in Morocco to improve the quality of life of the community
- Serve where CorpsAfrica asks them to serve, under conditions of hardship, if necessary
- Recognize that their success is based on building trust and confidence with their host community
- Understand that they are responsible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for their personal conduct and professional performance
- Engage with host community partners in a spirit of cooperation, mutual learning, and respect
- Exercise good judgment and personal responsibility to protect their health, safety, and well-being
To be eligible for service, you must:
Essential Requirements for Applying to be a CorpsAfrica Volunteer
- Be a citizen of Morocco
- Be 21 years of age or older at the time of the start of your service
- Possess a university degree or equivalent professional experience
- Willing and able, physically and emotionally, to serve as a Volunteer for the entirety of the service year in rural, often times, remote communities
- No record of criminal activity that would demonstrate unsuitability for CorpsAfrica service
- Have no conflict of interest that would interfere with your duties and responsibilities as a CorpsAfrica Volunteer
- Understand that volunteerism is an altruistic act, where one offers their time, skills, and resources without expectation of financial gain
CorpsAfrica Volunteers Receive the Following Before and During Service:
- Expert pre-service and in-service training from development and management professionals
- A living allowance adequate to support the Volunteer in his/her site and health insurance
- Travel funds for official CorpsAfrica business
CorpsAfrica Volunteers Will Receive the Following upon Successful Completion of Service:
- An end-of-service readjustment allowance
- Certificate of completion
- Letter of recommendation
- Complete the following application, including all required fields
- Upload required documents
The deadline for applications is 23:59 on May 14, 2023. Pre-Service Training is expected to begin on or around August 6, 2023.
You may save your application and return to it later.