The Latinx Teachers' Fellowship will provide a national cohort of 50-75 Latinx K-12 teachers with a learning network of peers and the tools to collaboratively prepare to maintain and improve the skills needed to serve large ELL populations during the re-entry process.
Our goal is to equip Latinx teachers to navigate the increased demands of a continuously evolving education system and improve their likelihood of progressing in their careers.
Who should apply? Latinx Teachers:
- Identify as Latino/a/x/e
- With 2-7 years of K-12 teaching experience
- Serving large ELL populations
- Who teach across Massachusetts, Greater Houston, Bay Area
- With a track record accomplishing high student achievement
: If you currently do not serve in a direct classroom teaching capacity, STOP
. Individuals employed by a K-12 organization but in a campus or district leadership role are encouraged to apply to the Aspiring Latino Leaders Fellowship via: https://www.tfaforms.com/5042555
If accepted to the program, fellowship participation requires attending all virtual and in-person sessions, completing necessary pre-work, and completing all session evaluation surveys as follows.
Full-day Session Dates
- July 11, 2023 (In-Person Session)
- July 18, 2023 (Virtual)
- July 25, 2023 (Virtual)
PLC Session Dates
- September 26, 2023 (Virtual)
- October 24, 2023 (Virtual)
- November 14. 2023 (Virtual)
As part of the application you will be asked to submit the
- Basic demographic information
- Employment and education information
- Resume (2-page max in .PDF or .DOC format)
- Three (3) short written essays answering the questions:
- 1) How will participating in the Latinx Teachers' Fellowship support your
efforts as a teacher serving Latinx students and communities? (500 word limit)
- 2) Please describe how your school measures student achievement and how your students have performed against your goals in the last couple of years. What are you most proud of and what is something you'd like to improve on? (300 word limit)
- 3) What role has your Latinx or Afro-Latinx identity played in your classroom leadership and why is that important to you? How has COVID-19 impacted your ability to lead in the classroom? (300 word limit)
Please have your essays ready to upload on a PDF document. You can save progress at any time.
After submitting this application, the most competitive candidates
will be invited to answer a few more questions by participating in a 30 min interview with a Latinos for Education
staff or program alumni to learn more about you.
If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate
to contact: Katie Caster, Manager of Curriculum and Evaluation at Katie@latinosforeducation.org