2023 Graduate Horizons Application
Thank you for your interest in Graduate Horizons, a graduate
admissions workshop for American Indian, Alaska Native, Native Hawaiian students interested in applying to graduate school or
professional school. Candidates work
alongside graduate admissions officers, professors and deans, industry
professionals, and other educators in a two-day "crash course" on
the graduate admissions process.
GH 2023 Hosting Site:
University (Appleton, WI)
July 19-22, 2023
The program includes 2 days for travel, 2 days of programming and is limited to 50 students.
Candidates are required to participate for the entire program, late arrivals or
early departures are not allowed – please plan accordingly and receive the
appropriate permission from work, internship, or academic leave.
Deadline: Applications must be submitted by April 5, 2023. Please note that there
is only one deadline to apply, late applications are accepted on space-available basis.
- Application (includes short answer questions and personal essay)
- Academic Transcript(s)
- Most Recent Financial Aid Award Letter (for current undergraduates only)
- Résumé or CV
- Recommendation Form (At least one Academic OR Professional Recommendation)
When requesting a recommendation, please share the following link with each of your recommenders: https://www.tfaforms.com/5044340
Cost for Program (Airfare): Every student
who is admitted will have their room and board covered. With the exception of CH Scholars, participants are responsible for their own
transportation (flying/driving) to the Lawrence University campus. All participants must use the designated GH Travel Agent to book flights and ground transportation.
Eligibility: To be eligible, each student must
- Be a College Horizons or Scholars Alum - GH2023 is only open to alumni of CH and Scholars
- Be American
Indian, Alaska Native, Native Hawaiian - Documentation is not required as applicant was previously verified in the CH/Scholars program
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States AND currently reside in the United States
- Be a current
college student (at an accredited community college, tribal college/university,
or 4 year institution), OR a college graduate, OR a student in a master’s
degree program interested in pursing a second advanced degree
- Have completed the equivalent of 2 years of college
course work by June 2023
- Have a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA
- Be up-to-date on COVID-19 Vaccinations
- Submit a
Click the 'Next Page' button to start your GH Application.