Welcome to the Latino Community Foundation’s PoderArte Grant Application
Thank you for your leadership and interest in applying for a PoderArte grant to promote social justice and civic engagement through arts and culture. LCF will award Program level ($100,000 - $150,000) and Project level ($25,000 - $50,000) grants focused on the themes of Narrative Change, Community Education Campaigns, and Civic Engagement to an estimated 25-30 organizations.
**Please note that at least 72% of the grant award funding must be used for individual artists’ salaries and fees to implement goals of the grant.
This funding opportunity is open to nonprofits that are:
- Registered with the IRS as a 501(c)3 or are fiscally sponsored by a 501(c)3 and located in the state of California
- Leveraging the power of arts and culture to advance civic engagement and/or social change in California
- Prioritizing communities within the first quartile of the California Healthy Places Index
A participatory Grantmaking Committee composed of community leaders, artists, cultural bearers, and advocates from across the state will guide the decision-making around the determination of grant awards. The Committee will consider factors like community trust and connection, readiness to implement, accessibility, and potential for impact.
How to apply
- Review the LCF PoderArte Request for Proposals for more information on this grant opportunity.
- Download the PoderArte Grant Application Narrative Form and Budget Templates. This form includes a list of narrative questions for you to answer along with a few organizational details. Please upload your completed Narrative Form, budget and required supporting materials on the third page of this application. You may apply for a Program Level grant or a Project Level grant or both. However, an applicant may only be awarded one grant.
- Submit your application by March 31st at 11:59 p.m. PST.
Save your application progress: To save and return to your application draft, check the “Save my progress and resume later” box at the top of the application page. You will be prompted to create login credentials. Use these credentials to review or resume working on your application at any time before the deadline.
The Latino Community Foundation (LCF) is the only statewide foundation solely focused unleashing the power of Latinos. We inspire philanthropy for and by Latinos, invest in grassroots nonprofit organizations and their leaders, and are building and mobilizing a statewide network of philanthropists and advocates to transform Latino communities.
If you have any questions, please contact the LCF team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your LCF Family