Dear Students, Parents, and Legal Guardians:
Welcome to Madison Park Development Corporation's Summer 2023 Soheil Turner Youth Leadership (STYLI) and Workforce Development Program. Our program provides underserved in-school youth, ages 14-19, with career internships, job readiness skills, and educational enrichment. Our training program is intended to provide early workforce experience for young people who might not otherwise have this opportunity, while supporting them with completing academics and college readiness. We also provide organized workshops and learning experiences to develop young people's leadership skills.
* Most internship sites are IN-PERSON, unless otherwise noted.
Please answer each question completely and carefully. Please do not leave any blank spaces. Incomplete applications will not be accepted. If you have questions about completing this application please email Yhinny Matos email@example.com.
In addition to completing this application, all applicants should be prepared to submit the following documents at the time of your scheduled interview:
- A valid copy of your social security card is required to participate in the program. If you do not have a social security card, you can apply for a card at 10 Malcolm X Blvd, Roxbury, MA 02119. Hours: Mon-Tues, Thurs-Fri. 9am-3pm and Wed. 9am-12pm. For more info please call 1-800-772-1213 or go to www.ssa.gov. You must obtain a document from Social Security stating that you have applied for a card. Your application will be considered incomplete until we receive a copy of your official social security card.
- Please submit a copy of your birth certificate or other proof of age (i.e., driver's license, state issued I.D.)
- Please submit a copy of your most recent report card. Grades will not determine eligibility, but are for in-school verification and evaluation purposes only.
- Please complete and attach Forms MA W-9 http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw9.pdf
- Please submit a copy of a picture ID (school ID, passport, or driver's license)
- All teens under 18 years of age must complete a work permit application and get a work permit before starting a new job. For instructions to obtain a work permit, READ instructions here CAREFULLY: MASS Work Permit Process
- To complete a WORK PERMIT, download application here Massachusetts Employment Permit Application for 14-17 year olds
All information provided will be kept confidential and used only for the purposes of facilitating employment opportunities.
Yhinny Matos, Youth Workforce Manager
Romario Joseph, Youth Workforce Program Coordinator
Peter Nguyen, Youth Workforce Program Coordinator