Sustainability Service Corps - Fellowship Application

| Resume a previously saved form
Resume Later

In order to be able to resume this form later, please enter your email and choose a password.

Personal Information

Example: (444)444-4444

Example: (444)444-4444

Gender, Ethnicity and Date of Birth

You must be at least 17 years of age?
Ability to Travel

National Service / Military Experience

Criminal History / Agreement
  • Applicants offered a position with California Climate Action Corps must complete a California, out-of-state (if applying from outside CA), and federal background check, as well as clear the National Sex Offender Public Register search prior to the start of their first service day. Acceptance into the program is contingent upon results from the checks. Additionally, applicants are not officially AmeriCorps Fellows and cannot begin their service, log hours, or receive their stipend until results from ALL checks have been returned and reviewed. Please indicate that you understand and accept these eligibility requirements. (checkbox)
  • Candidates are ineligible to serve within the California Climate Action Corps if they are registered, or required to be registered, as a sex offender; have been convicted of murder; or those who have major felony convictions. Have you ever been convicted of a federal felony in the past?
  • If yes, please describe the felony as well as any rehabilitation or action taken since

Ability to Work in the United States

How did you hear about Sustainability Service Corps?

Education, Interests, Skills and Experience

Education History



Language Skills

To select multiple items in a list, hold down the Ctrl (PC) or Command (Mac) key as you click on the desired items
Sustainability Service Corps is a competitive Fellowship program. This essay section is a chance to speak directly about your interest in the program. For more information about the Fellowship, click here

Location Preferences

To select multiple items in a list, hold down the Ctrl (PC) or Command (Mac) key as you click on the desired items

Resume and References

You may attach, or copy & paste in the text box, a resume. (If you are attaching a resume, you may write “See attached" in the text box.)

Example: (444)444-4444

Example: (444)444-4444

Personnel Requirements


The State of California requires that all individuals working with children/youth be fingerprinted and registered with the California Department of Justice. BACR’s policy is to go above and beyond this requirement by making sure all staff and AmeriCorps members are fingerprinted and registered with both the DOJ and the FBI. BACR staff can assist in the fingerprinting process. The time frame for receiving the results varies (1-4 weeks, typically). During this time you may not work alone with children/youth.

Tuberculosis (TB) Test:

The State of California requires that all individuals working with children/youth must get a tuberculin test on an annual basis. Please provide an original copy of the results of your most recent test if you had one within the last year. If you have not had one, BACR staff will assist you in locating a free or low cost clinic to do so. Please keep in mind that TB test results are available 2-3 days after the test is administered.

Required Documentation:

It is necessary in the State of California for all employees to have appropriate employment eligibility and tax information on hand. Furthermore, AmeriCorps members must be U.S. citizens or lawful permanent residents of the United States and have documentation to prove this. This information is forwarded to government agencies for tax and immigration reasons. This information is very important and must be provided to the personnel manager as soon as possible. If this information is not available employment with BACR will be terminated.

Please be prepared to show one of the following in Column A OR one from each of Columns B and C.

Unexpired U.S. passport Drivers license or ID card issued by a state or outlying posession of the United States, provided it contains a photograph or information such as name, date of birth, sex, height, eye color, and address Original or certified copy of a birth certificate issued by a state, county, municipal authority, or outlying possessin of the United States bearing an official seal
Certificate of U.S. citizenship (INS Form N-560 or N-561) U.S. military card U.S. citizen ID card (INS Form I-197)
Certificate of naturalization (INS form N-550 or N-570) School ID card with a photograph ID card for use of resident citizen in the United States (INS From I-179)
Alien registration receipt card with photo (INS Form I-551)
Please Note: