1. I will receive a copy of the Program's Parent/Guardian Handbook upon completing this form, and that I will review it and acknowledge and agree to all of its provisions.
2. The Thriving Minds After School Program will follow the Discipline Policy outlined in the Parent/Guardian Handbook. Behavioral and disciplinary issues will be addressed according to severity. The Discipline Policy should be reviewed for further detail.
3. Students must be fully potty trained (totally independent in the bathroom). Staff are not allowed to go in and help students in any way (i.e., helping with zippers, pulling up pants). Absolutely no pull ups or diapers are permitted. We understand accidents happen, but excessive accidents (3 or more weekly) will result in re-evaluation of student's admittance to the program.
4. Late pick-up policy: Students must be picked up by the stated Program end time. Each student is extended one no-charge late pick-up before additional fees are assessed. After the first late pick-up occurrence, Parent/Guardian will be charged a fee of $1.00 per minute for every minute late. Students who are picked up late more than five times may be dismissed from the Program.
5. Fighting is not allowed in the Program. Depending on circumstances, students may be dismissed for fighting.
6. Students must come directly to the Program area after the regular school day is dismissed. Parent/Guardians must inform Program staff in advance, should a student not be attending the Program that day.
7. If a student leaves the Program area(s) without permission from a Program staff member, the student will be dismissed from the Program. A student must always ask permission to leave the Program area (a room or a playground, etc.), unless an obvious emergency is taking place.
8. All students are encouraged to stay to the end of the Program day to receive the full benefits of the Program activities.
9. As stated, only Authorized Adults are permitted to pick up students.
10. I understand that Big Thought conducts an annual evaluation of the Program, and, as part of that evaluation, Big Thought may administer surveys to my student, administer academic and/or social and emotional learning assessments to my student, and may access student records in compliance with FERPA regulations. I understand that Big Thought will:
• Keep all individual information confidential to the extent allowed by law.
• Never report information on a student by name or identifying information and will only share information in the aggregate (meaning overall results), to ensure that no personally identifying information is released about a student in the Program.• I also understand that my consent is voluntary. My decision whether or not to allow my student to participate in the Program assessment will not prejudice my present or future relations with Big Thought or my student's School teacher or other School official(s). If I permit my student to participate in the Program assessment, I am free to discontinue participation at any time without prejudice. I understand that if I withdraw my student from the Program, my student’s information will be removed from the project results. I understand that I can request copies of the evaluation tools by contacting Big Thought at Poonam.Lunker@bigthought.org
11. As part my student's experience in the Program, my student may have the opportunity to participate in Dallas City of Learning (DCoL), an education initiative and online platform designed to help students discover new interests, develop skills and earn recognition for their learning achievements. DCoL is a partnership with the Dallas Mayor’s Office and Dallas ISD, and is managed by Big Thought. A portion of data that has been provided above, including the student's name, birth date, and Parent/Guardian email or phone, will be shared with DCoL to enable your student's participation.