- The Fall 2023 Semester will begin on Monday, September 11 and end on Saturday, December 2. Please note that make-up classes will be scheduled December 4 through December 9 as needed.
- Registration forms are processed in the order they are received.
- For each day you can come, check all classes that you are potentially available to help, then rank the classes in your preferred order. For example, if you can come on a Tuesday and want to do (2) classes, indicate "2" classes on Tuesday then 1,2,3 by the actual times to indicate your preference on the classes that work for you.
- Most classes are 45-60 minutes from mounting to dismounting plus prep time. Please plan on arriving at least 45 minutes before the class time to help get horses ready and plan on about 20 minutes after class to help untack and take care of the horses and equipment. Arrival time for the EAL (Equine Assisted Learning), H4H (Hooves for Heroes), and DPD/PAL (Dallas Police Dept. Police Activity League) classes is the same time as the class time.
- Add notes to the "Additional Info" box about anything you think the scheduler needs to know (physical restrictions, dates you know you are not available, etc.) or if there is a client and/or instructor with whom you want to work.
- Please consider including your name on the Substitute list to help out a fellow volunteer. You never know when you might need a return favor! There is no obligation to say "yes" when contacted.
- We work very hard to call/text everyone to confirm class assignments in a timely manner. You are always welcome to contact me if you have any questions or to check on your status and schedule.
Thank you for volunteering with Equest!!
Director of Volunteer Services
office: 972-412-1099, ext. 211