In partnership with Blue Ant Media, Reelworld is holding an in-person workshop for mid- to senior-level TV producers to learn from Sam Linton, VP, Production and Development, Global Media and Julie Chang, EVP, Business Strategy and Co-Productions.
The workshop is tailored to help established producers think strategically about their business and the industry. In the workshop, producers will learn:
For: Black, Indigenous and People of Colour Producers working in the Factual and Unscripted areas of TV production. Priority given to Mid-to senior-level producers with a minimum of two feature documentaries or one series under their company.
- What Blue Ant Media as a broadcaster is looking for in 2023 and how that relates to developing a production company
- The state of the Factual TV landscape
- How to be a good producing partner
- The process of going from development to green light
- Understanding where in the international landscape your project would fit, knowing who to pitch to and which markets to attend
Date: Friday, September 22ndTime: 11:00 am ETPlace: Blue Ant Media Office, 99 Atlantic Ave, M6K 3J8
Workshop Applications are due by Friday, September 1st at 12pm EST.
**NOTE: Some slots are available for producers based outside of Ontario to attend virtually.