The Mild Matters Summit creates a safe space for females and males with mild bleeding disorders and parents of children with mild bleeding disorders to gather for education, engagement, and support.
- Increase knowledge/ awareness of mild bleeding disorders including signs and symptoms of bleeds and diagnostic measurements.
- Discuss challenges of accessing diagnosis and treatment for people with mild bleeding disorders.
- Introduce bleed tracking tools and spend time practicing their use.
- Practice collaborating with HCPs for diagnosis and care through role playing.
- Create and nurture social connections between people with mild bleeding disorders.
- Discuss opportunities to advocate for people with mild bleeding disorders.
HFA's 2nd Mild Matters Summit will be held at POSTOAK Lodge & Retreat in Tulsa, OK from Nov 16-19, 2023. Participants will arrive before dinner on the 16th and fly home the morning of the 19th (breakfast will be provided). PostOak is located approximately 15-20 minutes from the Tulsa airport (TUL). Travel and lodging will be provided by HFA.
We appreciate your interest in the 2nd Mild Matters Summit. HFA will be choosing a limited number of applicants across the USA, ensuring diversity across a multitude of categories. Chosen attendees are expected to attend ALL sessions. Due to the demand for this event, we will not be able to accept everyone who applies. It is possible that only one family member will be chosen to attend if multiple apply.