Please fill out this form if you are interested in joining the Key To The City (KTTC) Volunteer Cohort.
Key to the City is a New York Immigration Coalition program that connects immigrant and low-income New Yorkers to resources and services available in their area, including legal services.
Members of this cohort will support a wide range of tasks at Key to the City Resource Fairs scheduled for this next program year between September 2023 to June 2024.
To ensure we effectively address the needs of the communities we serve, we are seeking volunteers who are bilingual in English and Spanish, Farsi, Dari, Bangla, Arabic, Korean, or Mandarin to assist with the following roles:
- Logistics: This involves tasks such as setup, registration, resource distribution, and meal distribution. Occasionally, logistic volunteers who have the language capacity will have the opportunity to serve as interpreters between service providers and community members, and table alongside NYIC staff at external events.
- Legal Clinic Support: Volunteers will help with interpretation and/or intake during legal consultations. Please note that volunteers will only interpret the legal advice given by a licensed attorney and NOT offer legal advice themselves. Law students doing intake can apply these volunteer hours towards the 50-hour Pro Bono requirement for admission to the NYS Bar.
- Outreach: Volunteers will distribute flyers in the neighborhoods surrounding an upcoming event's location to promote the event amongst community members. The NYIC will provide volunteers with a map and all necessary materials.
To be part of this cohort, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be bilingual in English and Spanish, Farsi, Dari, Bangla, Arabic, Korean, or Mandarin.
- Be able to participate in at least 6 volunteer opportunities throughout the program year
- Attend an orientation. We will announce the orientation date soon.
We do not have the exact dates or locations of events at this time, but please be aware that these typically take place on weekdays between 11 am - 4 pm, with very few opportunities on weekends. We will release specific details as soon as we finalize the event calendar in the upcoming weeks.
Upon submission, we will review your application and contact you with further instructions.
If you have any questions please contact us at email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest in joining the KTTC Volunteer Cohort! We look forward to working together to create a New York where everyone can thrive.