November 20, 2023
9:30 am - 4:30 pm
Zoom Online Meeting
Learning Outcome: The participant will be able to identify the skills needed to incorporate palliative care into their practice.
- Define palliative care and the nurse's role.
- Differentiate palliative care from hospice care.
- Explain why palliative care is integral to end-of-life care.
- Describe the domains of palliative care.
- Discuss the impact of effective communication on palliative care.
- Identify the interprofessional team needed in palliative care.
- Identify palliative care assessment tools that may be used in primary care settings.
- Discuss the legal aspects of nursing in palliative care.