Avodah requires applicants to submit two references. Your references should submit their reference forms as soon as possible, and can submit before or after your application is submitted. We will not review your application until we receive both references.
Please note that your references will be shared with our placement organizations during the matching process and should be professional references. References may include:
- Someone who supervised you when you held either a paid or volunteer position, such as any type of full-time or part-time job, a summer internship or internship during the school year, teaching assistant position, etc.
- Someone who served in a leadership role such as short-term service trip leader or a professional who served as a student group advisor.
- A professor or academic advisor
- A peer reference (someone you worked on a major project with, organized with, lived communally with, served on a team with, etc)
- A clergy member
The following cannot serve as any of your references:
- Family members or close family friends
The link for submitting references is unique to you. You will receive this link in your email upon saving or submitting the application. We will not receive the reference if you do not use the correct link.
When both recommenders submit their references, we will send you an email. If you haven't received an email from us, your references are not complete. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about who has or hasn't submitted.