The Latinx Teachers' Fellowship will provide a national cohort of 50-75 Latinx K-12 classroom educators with a learning network of peers and the tools to collaboratively prepare to maintain and improve the skills needed to serve large ELL and other marginalized populations.
Our goal is to equip Latinx teachers to navigate the increased demands of a post-pandemic education system and improve their likelihood of progressing in their careers as teacher leaders into the next school year and beyond.
Who should apply? Latinx Teachers:
- With 2-6 years of K-12 teaching experience
- Who teach across New England, Houston, Denver, NYC, Bay Area, Dallas, and Chicago
- Serving large ELL and other marginalized populations
- With a track record of high student achievement
: If you currently do not serve in a direct classroom teaching capacity, STOP
. Individuals employed by a K-12 organization but in a campus or district leadership role are encouraged to apply to the Aspiring Latino Leaders Fellowship via: https://www.tfaforms.com/4881243
If accepted to the program, fellowship participation requires attending all virtual sessions, completing necessary pre-work, and completing all session evaluation surveys as follows (times are on Eastern Standard Time).
- Onboarding: Thursday July 8th from 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. EST
- Week 1: Tuesday, July 13th and Thursday, July 15th from 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. EST
- Week 2: Tuesday, July 20th and Thursday, July 22nd from 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. EST
- Week 3: Tuesday, July 27th and Thursday July 29th from 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. EST
As part of the application you will be asked to submit the
- Basic demographic information
- Employment and education information
- Resume (2-page max in .PDF or .DOC format)
- Three short written OR video essays answering the questions:
- 1) How will participating in the Latinx Teachers' Fellowship support your
efforts as a teacher serving Latinx students and communities? (500 word limit)
- 2) Please describe how your school measures student achievement and how your students have performed against your goals in the last couple of years. What are you most proud of and what is something you'd like to improve on? (300 word limit)
- 3) What role has your Latinx or Afro-Latinx identity played in your classroom leadership and why is that important to you?
- Note: Video submissions should not exceed 5-minutes in length.
Please have your essays or videos ready to upload on a PDF document. If you choose to submit a video please upload it to a platform such as youtube, Google Drive, or vimeo and submit the link to your video on a PDF document.
You can save progress at any time.
After submitting this application, the most competitive candidates
will be invited to answer a few more questions by participating in a 30 min interview with a Latinos for Education
staff or program alumni to learn more about you.
If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate
to contact: Katie Caster, Fellow in Residence at Katie@latinosforeducation.org