Planning for Cannexus, Canada's National Career Development Conference, in January 2023, is now underway. Cannexus23 is expected to be a hybrid conference with a live in-person and virtual portion. More information about the format and schedule will be available in the coming months. The dates for the conference are January 23-25, 2023.
CERIC invites individuals or organizations with an interest in presenting at the 17th annual Cannexus to submit a brief session outline for consideration using the Proposal Form and encourages you to inform colleagues or students of this opportunity.
Submitting a proposal is not a commitment to present at the conference. If you submit a proposal and you are selected to present, you will receive a formal email invitation by the summer – with further details on session type, duration and whether in-person or virtual – and at that time you will be given a deadline to accept or decline the invitation.
Your submission must be received no later than 11:59 pm ET, Friday, June 17, 2022 to be considered for inclusion in the Cannexus23 conference program. Any late proposals will be automatically added to a wait-list for consideration if spots become available.
Before Starting Your Proposal Form
The following will be among the information requested on the Proposal Form. Please have these ready prior to starting the form:
- Type of presentation: Presentation, panel, roundtable, community consultation or other
- Session title up to 8 words, up to 60-word abstract, 3 learning outcomes of up to 10 words each, and up to 35-word biographies for each presenter
- Names, contact information and biographies for each presenter
- Photos of each presenter (high-resolution: 300 dpi, larger than 800 px width) in either JPEG, EPS or TIFF format. Each photo MUST use the following naming format: Last name, First name. (For example: Singh, Geeta)
- For first-time presenters, a list of other conferences you’ve presented at and links to your presentation slides or video recording, if available. Please note, if you presented at Cannexus22, you do not need to send links to the video recording
- Virtual or in-person portion preference
- If virtual, recorded presentation or live preference
- Accessibility needs (optional)
- Social media handles